Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Some thing about technology


Hi everyone, today's assignament is to write about any technology equipment or thing that I love and use a lot, and try to describe how life would be without it.


First of all, I am not a huge fan of this kind of technologies, I like other kinds of technologies like kinds of fabrics or materials that are used specially in industrial design... for example before I got in this career I wanted to be a prosthesist, to work doing peoples legs. It was because my dad does that and those kind of technologies are really really interesting for me.


But, talking about the technology in our houses... I love my cell phone. I mean I have a ver old one, that has an aweful camara and nothing elese, not bluetooh, not mp3, but just the concepto of a mobile phone is great. I actually think that in future people is gonna stop using house phones, because mobile phones have everything you need now. But I bought a touchscreen mobile and I really don't like it, because usually I'm too messy, my bagpack is always disordered, I never find anything so, my old mobile is always into the mess and I don't have to care about have sisors or penknifes near to it because I know it is gonna work anyway if something happens. But with really great mobile phones or touch screens you have to be really carefully and I don't want to.


In the other hand I have my laptop, or notebook wich I love. The same thing that with the mobile, I mean having like a tiny thing that is your computer and you can take it to anywhere, is amazing. I love the one I have because it is really good and I really take a lot of care of it.

But I think that in the future everything is gonna be into your mobile, and people is not gonna have computers, home phones, cameras, mp3 devices, nothing because of the nanotechnology, the one that focuses every innovation to the tiny thing, to que minimum space to to everything, wich is a very good way to think because if you look the comfortable things, most of them are the tiny ones.


But I still like old things like doing staff with my hands, I mean painting, drawing, writting, building, etc. For example when I have to do planimetry in my presentations I always rather doing with my hands than with the computer because it just makes me happier. Of course if I don't have much time I do it with computer, have no choice.


And talking about life without technology.. I think of course it requires more work, but also it makes you apreciate the simple things of life, that has been lost with last generations.

In fact, the NASA published like 5 months ago or something this article about the end of the world. It did not say any clear thing about the end of it, but they pronosticated a solar storm between may and october of 2012. A solar storm emanates electomagnetic waves, and I is supossed to be so huge that it would hit the Earth planet. Normal people is not gonna even notice that wave, but an engineer told me once that those things make all electric and electronic devices to stop working for ever, which means that maybe some parte of the world will have to start over again everything. I do not believe it so much, but the solar storm is true, and if it happens, I hope people can live without techs, because otherwise i would be really hard.


That's all for now

See you

2 comments:

  1. I almost write about my laptop too, I love it, i wanna marry it xD no just kidding, but it's very useful, that's the thing with technology, the ways it can make your life easier it's just fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  2. The problem to have every thing in one objet is if you lose it you can´t do it so much...

    ReplyDelete